Monday, November 26, 2007

Goals con't

Well, I'm finally back to work after attending NYSCATE and then the Thanksgiving break. It was an energizing yet relaxing week off. I went back with new plans to make the work more meaningful and to get the kids doing some work together. I'll let you know in a week or two how that's going. I feel much better about letting go of the constant grading and stressing about that issue. I talked to one of my principals today, I go back and forth between two elementary buildings, and told him I felt everyone should be getting a three if they are coming to class and at least trying and by observing the students I'll see those who are proficient and rise to the top and deserve a 4. He agreed. I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders just letting that issue go. Ahhh.... feels good. So, instead of grading tonight. I spent a couple of hours searching for appropriate websites for the 4th and 5th graders to use for research projects. I want to begin using a wikki to post student work but the pbwiki is denied by our filter. I'll try some others one of these days but I have a feeling I'll get the same result. At least I'm on the right committees now to try and get some changes made!

No comments: